Friday, February 2, 2007

copy of blog posted 3:14 am on 1/28: ive already seen two monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so ive been here in new delhi for a few hours now (about 7). i have spent most of them unpacking and trying to shake off the flight (rude arm rest hog who kept elbowing me in the ribs and wouldnt let me look out of the window sat next to me, then, she practically knocked me down once the "fasten seat belt" sign went off to get her bag and then dropped it on my head, welcome to india!). Anyway, I'm not letting the flight lower my level of excitement over being here. most of my time in the room ive had the tv on. its very interesting that there are so many english speaking programs on, and the commercials are sometimes english, sometimes an indian language (i have no idea which one, so i make no assumptions, though its probably punjabi, as that is the most common one, i think), and sometimes in both english and an indian language. it kinda throws you off.
im staying in the radisson here and it is gorgeous! i need to find a store that sells fat girl bathing suits b/c i forgot mine and i HAVE GOT to hit this awesome pool!
and as for the title of this blog, i have seen 2 monkeys already. they were huge!! they were on the rooftop of a building behind the hotel. i was looking out, surveying what i could and i saw an animal walking on the roof. at first i thought it was a dog b/c of the size, but it was walking weird, then i thought,(here is the conversation i had w/ myself) "is it a cat?" "that would be one huge cat" "maybe its a leopard or something" "thats stupid, like there would be a leopard- OMG ITS STANDING UP!!!" "ITS A MONKEY!!!!!!!! wheres my camera?"
i have some very fuzzy pix of them, i couldnt get the window open, hopefully i will get some better ones before i leave.
its almost 5pm here and i am off to explore (and replace everything i left in the original carry-on bag that i was going to bring).
Please do the Needful!!!

No comments: