Wednesday, October 17, 2007

how much information do you really want?

i woke up this morning at 6 am because i felt something come out of me. first thought? i just peed, on myself and the couch; fabulous. so i went to the bathroom, and when i turned on the light i could see that it was blood on me. and it was bright red blood. so i started getting scared. we called labor and delivery and they told me to come in. it took about 45 mins to get dressed and get to the hospital, and she never moved. so that made me even more scared. we got in to triage and they put the fetal monitor on me and we heard the heartbeat. it was such a relief. she was still there and her heart was still beating, but she still wasnt moving. i poked, i rubbed my belly, i massaged her and she still didnt move. i know she was sleeping, but i thought some of that would have woken her up, but it didnt. so the nurse gave me some juice and i sat in the bed hooked up to the monitor. about 10 mins later she woke up! and she started moving all around and kicking at the monitor.
2 hours later they finally did an exam on me. my water hadnt broken and all that was happening was apparently the "bloody show." so at least that means that something is happening! and the monitor showed that i was having contractions. only a couple of them were strong enough for me to feel though.
but in all of the classes that we took, every time they talked about "bloody show" they said that if it was bright red, call labor and delivery. they said that it would be kind of pink, or dark red, or brown. they also made it sound like it was just something that you might see when you wipe or a little bit on your underwear. but every time i stand up it feels like it just gushes out! it is so gross!
BUT IT'S A SIGN, SOMETHING IS HAPPENING AND SHE IS ACTUALLY GOING TO COME OUT!!!!

No comments: